So lately I’ve been going through a semi- rough patch of life. Just obsessing/worrying about things, switching jobs, the occasional doctor visit blah blah. I’m trying to get my life/health back on track, so my acupuncturist referred me to a massage therapist who specializes in lymphatic drainage.
Basically, it’s a super light massage technique that helps to re-circulate the body fluids, stimulates the nervous system and is super super relaxing. I had no idea that the lymph system is a network of tissues and organs that rid the body of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials; it is part of your natural sewage treatment system.
A few weeks ago, I felt awful! I was super tired, sore and just felt like my body was fighting something off. Oh yea- I was also super stressed. I’ve improved since then, but I really want to focus on jump starting my immune system since then. SO this week and this weekend I’ve been doing the following:
- Had a lymphatic drainage massage. Which was AMAZING OMG! I encourage everyone to get one. This was the most relaxed I’ve ever been in my life. She focused on the key areas where we have a lot of lymph nodes, so basically the neck/face region, pelvis area and underarms. I felt restored.
- Drinking water! The lymph system is like 90% water. I’m also drinking a lot of ginger, turmeric and peppermint teas in the evening to relax.
- Dry Brushing- I was doing this at night but I felt like it energized my body so I’ve switched to the mornings. I grab my favorite body oil (rose hip), slather it on my body and get to brushing! I do it in small, clockwise strokes from the feed to the neck up.
4. Vitamins! My acupuncturist also recommended the following vitamins. I take these once a day and vitamin c like three times a day:
- Vitamin C for boosting the immune system
- B-Complex vitamins for the building blocks of the body! Good for blood cell production
- Zinc for maintaining good health. Helps hormone production, growth and repairment, improves immunity!
- Bioflavonoids for antioxidants!
- I’m also trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night! Right now I’m at 6…but I’m at my best with 7. So that’s the goal this week!